PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Sprinter Dealers: What You Should Know

arkbiz44
09-28-2008, 12:09 AM
FYI

For two years I put up w/ shifting, often improbable, explanations of when and where Dodge dealers could provide chassis service. After pressing Chrysler's owner, Cerberus, and getting a Chrysler Customer Advisory Board (CAB) manager involved, I FINALLY got the straight deal from a key employee in the Sprinter Division. Here it is:

ALL Sprinter dealers are contractually obligated to do both warranty and non-warranty work on Sprinter motorhomes. Apparently, Chrysler is about to remind the Sprinter dealers about this.

One caveat: irrespective of what Sprinter Division (corporate) says, I believe most Sprinter dealers cannot do work that requires the unit to be raised all the way up. For that, you likely have to see a Freightliner dealer - and one with a "small diesel" mechanic on staff.

avid
09-28-2008, 03:37 AM
FYI

For two years I put up w/ shifting, often improbable, explanations of when and where Dodge dealers could provide chassis service. After pressing Chrysler's owner, Cerberus, and getting a Chrysler Customer Advisory Board (CAB) manager involved, I FINALLY got the straight deal from a key employee in the Sprinter Division. Here it is:

ALL Sprinter dealers are contractually obligated to do both warranty and non-warranty work on Sprinter motorhomes. Apparently, Chrysler is about to remind the Sprinter dealers about this.

One caveat: irrespective of what Sprinter Division (corporate) says, I believe most Sprinter dealers cannot do work that requires the unit to be raised all the way up. For that, you likely have to see a Freightliner dealer - and one with a "small diesel" mechanic on staff.

My local Dodge Dealer, Lithia Motors in Medford, OR, said they have no problem working on my Airstream. I suggested it may not go on their lift; but they assured me they work on trucks much larger than mine. It doesn't worry me too much because if they fail, Portland Freightliner is only three hundred miles away. Having a local dealer that worked on Sprinters was the final point in my decision process. Every plumbing and electrical contractor in this valley is converting to Sprinters. There are three Sprinter RVs in my neighborhood alone. When I first considered purchasing a Airstream I would have had to have driven several hundred miles to a Freightliner service center. Eventually, given the pace of acceptance locally, this things will be so common that all local Dodge dealers will figure it out. :2cents:

arkbiz44
09-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Let's hope.

Unfortunately, Chrysler is in a fog and Cerberus apparently wants to boot Daimler (which owns about 20% of Chrysler) so they can take on a partner. I don't know how much longer Chrysler will have Sprinter.

jdcaples
09-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Right now, ChryslerVans, LLC is protecting my privacy on the Freightliner Sprinter website:

http://www.fl-sprinter.com/Legal_Disclaimer_&_Privacy

Along with its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries Chrysler Vans LLC appreciates your interest in our products and your visit to this web site. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our sites. We pay special attention during our business processes to the protection of your concern.

Maybe soon Daimler Trucks of North America, LLC will protect it.

-Jon