PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes-Benz Sprinter has now BlueEfficiency

van_pire
08-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Mercedes-Benz BlueEffciency, We know this label from the passenger car models this has now expanded to commercial vehicles.

Available now, two different Sprinter BlueEfficiency variants are available with different engines.

The first has a new 2.2-liter four cylinder common rail diesel engine that is available in 95, 129 and 163 hp variants. Torque ranges from 184 lb-ft to 265 lb-ft. Electric on-demand control of auxiliary units such as the oil pump, alternator and piston-cooling oil spray reduce fuel consumption as they only consume energy when they actually need it

The Sprinter is also available with a 156 hp natural gas fueled four cylinder engine. Sprinter NGT with mono-fuel or bi-fuel natural gas drive and can also run on gasoline.

All BlueEFFICIENCY models also include the ECO start/stop function.

The ECO start/stop function shuts down the engine. When the driver steps on the clutch pedal or releases the brake so that the vehicle begins to roll, the engine is promptly restarted.

damien89
08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
So in other words it means that adblue is needed right?

Altered Sprinter
08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Mercedes-Benz BlueEffciency, We know this label from the passenger car models this has now expanded to commercial vehicles.

Available now, two different Sprinter BlueEfficiency variants are available with different engines.

The first has a new 2.2-liter four cylinder common rail diesel engine that is available in 95, 129 and 163 hp variants. Torque ranges from 184 lb-ft to 265 lb-ft. Electric on-demand control of auxiliary units such as the oil pump, alternator and piston-cooling oil spray reduce fuel consumption as they only consume energy when they actually need it

The Sprinter is also available with a 156 hp natural gas fueled four cylinder engine. Sprinter NGT with mono-fuel or bi-fuel natural gas drive and can also run on gasoline.

All BlueEFFICIENCY models also include the ECO start/stop function.

The ECO start/stop function shuts down the engine. When the driver steps on the clutch pedal or releases the brake so that the vehicle begins to roll, the engine is promptly restarted. Welcome to the forum
Which country do you hail from? NAFTA Sprinters are bluetec not blue efficiency V6 detuned from the Euro variant with a lower Nm and auto only.
July 2009 316 to 516 120KW =163 Hp @3800 rpm

Max torque 360 Nm @1400-2400prm
manual transmission 6 speed ECO wide gear toothed.Auto optional.
NGT is stalled in Australia as to one current NGT station in Melbourne.
4x4 also available in all variant's and options, plus the SUSI 4.9 T 4 series vans

Richard

mackconsult
08-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Sounds like more things to go wrong. :hmmm:

damien89
08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi, i am from Malta Europe. I've been reading many threads on this forum as probably i will be buying a Sprinter transfer/travel next year to work as a minibus.

So blue efficiency does not mean that it requires adblue to work right?

By the way great forum with lots of interesting info on sprinters!

Altered Sprinter
08-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi, i am from Malta Europe. I've been reading many threads on this forum as probably i will be buying a Sprinter transfer/travel next year to work as a minibus.

So blue efficiency does not mean that it requires adblue to work right?

By the way great forum with lots of interesting info on sprinters!
Hi : Malta will and does have the latest of Blue efficiency engines and transmission choices if you order a V6 140 kW 190 Hp 440 Nm /Auto is the only option on this engine
I'd go for the 316 cdi it's more fuel efficient.
You do not require ad-blue as a requirement based on European oils and fuels.and current Euro 5 to 2011 EEV Euro 6 emission rulings. to 2016.
Richard

damien89
08-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I will probably be going for the 516 cdi ex long model as i will only buy a sprinter in manual trans.

Thanks for the info!

Altered Sprinter
08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I will probably be going for the 516 cdi ex long model as i will only buy a sprinter in manual trans.

Thanks for the info!
the 316 cdi 3 series is your best option as to power and fuel on demand when needed most,with the all new OM 651 4 inline engines
Richard

damien89
08-18-2010, 09:49 AM
the 316 cdi 3 series is your best option as to power and fuel on demand when needed most,with the all new OM 651 4 inline engines
Richard

Yes i know that but the 316 is 3.5t and i need the 516 because its a 5t. Here in Malta the 516 ex long we make them 23 seater minibuses. The more people you fit in it the better they pay me per trip.

I will probably be buying one just like this:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee297/Damien89vette/a.jpg